Thursday, October 16, 2008

Soren Turns 6

Soren's cake was a feathery fudge cake with a yellow buttercream stripe between the layers. I frosted the whole thing with chocolate ganache, and then added the batman insignia with yellow and black stars.
Soren's comment before he blew out his candles..."I don't think this wishes thing works. Last year I wished that I would turn into a Lego Star Wars character, and I never did!"
Logan gives Soren a remote control stunt truck.
Other presents included:
Lego pirate sword and shield from Jansen,
Battleship from J.B.
Lego Batman set from Janessa
Harlequinn Batman keychain from Lachlan
Imaginext Batcave from Mom
and Lucky, the wonder dog!
Soren's new pet, Lucky an electronic dog that responds to 15 voice commands. Fortunately, Lucky also responds to "Wucky" because Soren doesn't pronounce L's.
The most amazing part is that Soren's dad, a vehement hater of dogs is having so much fun getting Lucky to do his tricks. Maybe we'll be able to ease James into dogs gently over time, first by introducing an electronic dog (loves the technology), and later finding dogs that don't poop or have bad breath, or bark, or shed.

We have to wait to go out to eat for Soren's birthday as he came down with hand, foot, mouth virus the very day of his birthday (fourth person to get it in 2 weeks)! We love you Soren and we're so glad you're in our family!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! cool dog!

Petrea said...

Happy, happy birthday Soren! We wish we could visit you. Great idea for a pet!!!