Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pasta, Passion, and Pistols

Close to Valentines Day, James and I were invited to attend a Murder Mystery Party.
James played an Italian Maffia leader, Rocco Scarfazzi, and I was his very young and racy fiance' Tara Misu.
Hooray for a teenage daughter with flashy shoes for my costume!

David Nieman played a Frenchman and boyfriend of Angel, Bo Jolais.
Jessica Nieman played Angel, daughter of the deceased.
Me as Tara Misu
Christina Sorensen as Clair Voyant
Jessica Nieman as Angel
Jen Iverson as Mama Rosa (wife of the victim, Pepi)
James as Rocco Scarfazzi (twin brother to Pepi)
David Nieman as Bo Jalais, boyfriend of Angel
Mike Sorensen as Marco Roni (son of Pepi)
Ben Iverson as Father Alfredo

James and I had been practicing Italian Jersey accents, only to find out when we got there that we needed to be really Italian, from the mother-land Italy, Italian. Meanwhile, I was coveting Bo Jalais' part. I couldn't quite get a handle on an Italian accent, but I totally knew how to do the French one.
James and Jessica were the best actors in the group. They had accents, they ad libbed, they didn't giggle every time they said a line!

These games are interesting when played by Mormons. I think that the intention is that you'll be consuming alcohol during the course of the game, so that when they reveal that you've all been sleeping with each other, you can say it without blushing so much.
It ended up that Mama Rosa had been sleeping with my fiance' and that I had been sleeping with Mama Rosa's husband and I was pregnant with his child. Then I had to reveal to the group that my own fiance' had sexual problems, which is why I'd decided to become pregnant with his twin brother's child, knowing that the DNA between the twins would be very similar.
We all had plenty of motive to murder the guy.
After a fabulous meal of Manicotti, Italian bread and salad we sang happy birthday to Jen.
The birthday celebration was not part of the murder mystery!
***Spoiler alert***I'm going to reveal the murderer here.
Can you believe this innocent looking Frenchman holding an adorable baby would do such a dastardly deed? In truth, he was trying to kill my fiance', Rocco, but he got them mixed up because they are twins.
Very delicious, very fun! We had a great time! I want to do more of these murder mysteries!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Sorensens said...

So much fun! Thanks for coming and entertaining us with your wonderful acting skills!

Petrea said...

t a fun party! You would have been a great hit! Love those shoes!!!