Master Bathroom Tile feature around the tub. I imagine spending many luxurious hours taking bubble baths and looking at all of the different rocks around the tub. The rocks were James' gift to me. I really wanted river stones, but I'm quite happy with these.
Our tile guys recommended this floor pattern, integrating the decorative pieces around the tub with the plainer tile we had bought for the floor. Love it!
Janessa has her own square of tile in her room. This sink will be in her make-up area. She totally lucked out getting this sink. We had thought about doing it originally, and then decided it was too expensive and cut the sink from the budget. When we were evicted from our home, staying in the hotel, the builders plumbed this sink for us as a surprise and an apology gift. I love our builders! Janessa picked a black sink counter and white tile.
This is the kids upstairs bathroom. The tile is whitish. The sink top will actually be Tahitian Blue, but the one they delivered was broken, so we got this white one to pass inspection with while we wait 4 weeks for a new blue.
We decided to make each of the 4 bathrooms in our house thematically representative of an element of nature:
The master bath will be the rock and earth room.
The old master bath is the leaves and trees room.
The kids upstairs bathroom is sky (and maybe water).
The downstairs bathroom is currently water, but will be fire, when we're finished with it.
Picking paint colors for all of these rooms is alternately really fun, and quite overwhelming.

5 comments:
You've got great tile guys! what fun rooms. So exciting to see all the progress.
Love the themes! Enjoy your thoughtful soaking moments!!
Love all the pictures... keep them coming.
Hey! I just stumbled on your blog from the Stangers and had to say hi and tell you that I am loving the remodel! It looks amazing and I am totally jealous! Your blog is great and it's fun to see the cute stories about your kids. I especially loved what you did at Christmas! So sweet!
So much fun to see the house updates! Sounds like your builders are great indeed. We just painted our house and went through the similar exhilaration/anxiety of choosing colors. Sounds like you might be nearing the end of the project. I'm excited for you guys!
Post a Comment