Me, Will Lowry, Anna Miller
So last week, specifically the 9th and 10th of January, I participated in the Senior Eastern Districts Festival. Basically, it is a compilation of several towns in Massachusetts (the Eastern District) that you audition for about a month and a half ahead of time. I made it in, and so last weekend I was able to spend all day Friday and Saturday rehearsing, and then singing (on Saturday) five songs. It was really awesome. Our conductor is from UConn and is really professional. He really worked us hard, but we sounded awesome. I can't really describe how good it was, mainly because I don't have a recording of the concert (yet), so you'll just have to trust me when I say that it was an awesome experience. Unfortunately, I didn't make it into All States, but there's always next year.
Here we are singing at Boston Latin School. I'm in the back row, next to the black guy in the white shirt. There is a silver star, nearly touching my head.

2 comments:
So, the first time I read this post I didn't pay attention to the "posted by Jansen" at the bottom and I assumed it was Megan. I was really impressed that Megan was getting so involved musically in the community. I wasn't surprised, because she has a beautiful voice. I don't remember it saying "Senior Districts" I thought the post title was "Districts." That may have been a red flag; seeing as Megan is not a senior {in HS or senior citizen :) } Anyway, congratulations Jansen, and now you all now what a moron I can be :)
Congratulations, Jansen. In AZ, we call it Regional and All State Choir. What a great experience for you! And quite an accomplishment!
Post a Comment