Saturday, December 20, 2008

Olga Claus


This is Olga Kolakova. She is many things--a lifeguard at the Y, swimming instructor to my little boys, intrepid gardener, good friend, great cook, incredible seamstress, cheerleader and coach for my morning laps, and a former Olympic swimmer on the Russian team.
She made this dress out of a velvet Santa bag. She put it on after each group of swimming lessons this week and handed out gifts that she had hand packaged for each of the children.

Here are Lachlan and Soren at swimming lessons. Soren has taken two sessions of swimming and can now swim in the deep with no help or flotation devices! Yeah Soren!
I love going to the Mommy and Child class with Lachlan at the same time that Soren is having his lesson. Lachlan and I play with all of the other moms/dads and babies in the pool. We sing songs, blow bubbles, play silly games, and I just can't stop kissing his cute little cheeks and belly in the pool.
Soren and Lachlan are the only ones of my children that I've been able to do a Mommy-Child class with. I've absolutely loved this special time with each of them.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm SO jealous, I had no idea how lucky we were to have that Y until I moved away. I miss it.

Petrea said...

You have such lovely friends! No wonder you love living there.