Saturday, August 29, 2009

Going camping!!!... or not



Logan here. I'm eleven and a blazer scout. I have to camp a certain amount of nights for an achievement. Because of that the Church's scouting program organizes a few camp outs for the blazer scouts. We were camping at Purgatory Chasm in Sutton, MA. Last night was supposed to be one of those campouts, but, the
Came and asked to "please not camp this evening because of the intensified flood warning". So, we took down the tents and went to the pavilon (what's a pavilon?) and did some scouting achievements and it starts to get dark and the visitors center is dark and locked and then ranger pulls up and says "We close at dark. Didn't the police officer stop an' talk to you?"
and we said " No. He drove past a bunch but I guess he thought we were there temporarily" and so I am here writing this instead of taking a 5 mile hike.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mililani said...

This is a great post Logan. Sorry you missed camping out, just a precaution by the police, I'm sure.