When I first became a mother I promised myself that I would never pass up a request from my children to read a book. We've spent many hours over the last 16 years, avoiding housework and reading books.
But Lachlan is so crazy about books, that if I were to follow this mantra, I'd never get anything done.
Our "book boy" carries books around all the time, asking us to drop everything and read to him.
Here we plop down in the middle of the kitchen floor to read.
We've packed most of our children's books into storage while we are having our house construction done. We've saved one little box of books for Lachlan and he is constantly bringing them to us.
Logan's lap works just as well!
We love having another reader in the family, albeit an obsessed one!

3 comments:
You are an awesome mom! I miss living by you and seeing you nearly everyday because I learned so much just watching you with your children. I want to be like you when I grow up :) !
What lucky children to live in a reading family!
Jane is the same way and I feel so guilty every time I say "no". I feel even guiltier if I'm unable to read with her and have to resort to putting her in front of the tv -- ouch! I'm so excited that you have a blog! It's so fun to keep in better touch and to read about your amazing family! We love you guys!
Post a Comment