Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 1 in London - A video tour

Took a red-eye flight to London from Boston, arrived at 7am this morning, checked in to our hotel, and then dashed out to see the sights. First, we walked down the river and then across the bridge to the Parliament and Westminster Abbey.


We took a walk up to the National Gallery. It was wonderful (and free!), we saw some Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Monet, Van Gogh, and some other great pieces. Then we walked back across the river to ride the London Eye.
 

From there we went back to the hotel to crash for the afternoon (where I got to do several hours of work), then out to a quick dinner before heading to the West End for a show. What show? Check it out here.


Then a stop for some ice cream and a Tube ride home. I'll leave it to Sessy to post more interesting commentary on everything she is enjoying here.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

McQuivey Family

I don't even remember how I found you--such is the world of blogging, but, I am SOO glad I did! All the kids have grown up so much! Janessa is a beautiful young woman, Jansen is so tall and Logan is very handsome! Soren and JB look so grown up and that little Lachlan is absolutely adorable! What is the status of your house? Oh, I am so excited to have a way to stay in touch and up to date with your family!

Stephanie Morris

Erin said...

london really looks so beautiful and interesting. have a great trip!