James converted this bathroom from a full bath, to a half bath, by removing the tub ...
...and putting in a wall where the tub used to be.
Here is the new bathroom look.
Each of our bathrooms has a Nature theme--one is rock, one is forest, one is sky/water and I wanted this one to be fire. We picked some really nice gray tiles, chose gray paint on the walls, and accented with black and red.
James redid the whole bathroom from the wiring down to laying the tiles, replacing some plumbing pipes, painting and installing the new fixtures.
He found this vanity/sink ensemble at Home Depot. It's perfect for narrow bathrooms because it doesn't jut out into the room very far.
The theme of fire ended up morphing into volcano, which was great and allowed us to bring in James' Hawaiian ancestry to our decorating mix. This is a print of Pele, Hawaiian godess of volcanos. I love how her hair becomes the lava.
Each of these photos has a fire theme--
l to r: Soren and Lachlan on a fire truck, James standing on a volcano in Hawaii, and the fiery red hair of Megan and Lachlan, nose to nose.
Here are some of the products I ordered to furnish the bathroom:
Red apple loofah bar soap
The towels were monogrammed for free by Lands End.
I ordered this Hawaiian fabric on line. We asked James' mom to send us some kukui nut leis to create curtain ties. One in black...
And one in red.
It sure is nice to have another room finished! Good work James!
It sure is nice to have another room finished! Good work James!

5 comments:
Awesome. Your attention to detail and meaning and family connections in your remodeling inspires me.
so impressive! Our "do it yourself" abilities end at hang pictures. We have a hard time even moving towards curtain rods. I love the theme. So fun! I love the kukui nut ties.
WOW! I LOVE IT! What a transformations. I love the theme. You guys are so awesome. Just think...now James has other trade to rely on if his job goes sour...I think it's so awesome how he has done so much of the house by himself. Did I mention already that you guys are awesome?!
I love how you decorated this room. What a transformation. I wish you both could be around here to help us in our renovations. Kudos to both of you.
How much thought and effort you put into that room--it really paid off and is delightful!
Post a Comment