Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sickness week

On Thursday, the 29th of October, I was able to get H1N1 vaccines for J.B., Soren, and Lachlan. On Sunday, November 1st, J.B. was the first in our family to come down with swine flu. We were later able to find out that J.B. had been exposed to it at school. There were 3 other kids from his class out with the same symptoms and the same day of onset. Lachlan got it next. And then Logan got it as well. Jansen and Janessa were also home sick from school that week, but with a respiratory cold/achybody/sore throat/virus that was also going around.

Soren was the only one to avoid sickness all together. I think he got a really mild version of swine flu, because he did cough for 3 days and then that was it. He abruptly quit coughing one afternoon, and he never got the fever.
When J.B. came down with it, we quarrantined him in his room, and moved Logan out. I didn't let J.B. come out of his room for more than 2 days despite the fact that he said he was really homesick for the rest of the family. But by the time Logan came down with it, you can see that everyone was a bit more comfortable hanging out with sickness. I discovered all of the big boys in Logan's room watching this teeny tiny t.v. together.
Janessa and Logan are supposed to receive the H1N1vaccine at school, but they haven't been able to obtain the vaccine yet so we'll see how that goes.
Things we cancelled due to sickness: Our family photo shoot in the leaves, The opening night of Janessa's play (two leads with swine flu), hosting 6 mini missionaries at our house over the weekend, teaching a bread making class for my school community.
Current status: Everyone is better and back to school. James is sick, but it sounds like it's the respiratory thing, not H1N1. I'm still standing and healthy! Knock on wood!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mililani said...

malama pono everyone. 2 2

Petrea said...

Hopefully you will all be well now for the rest of the winter! I hope you can keep your health up!