In March, I went on a trip all by myself to Arizona.
My awesome husband took work off and tended all of the kids while I was gone!
I visited my sister, Rebecca and her husband Geoff and their baby Jonathan, whom I'd never met before.

These pictures are from the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix.


I liked singing his last name to the song from the Music Man, Shipoopi. Chi-Hul-ly, Chi-Hul-ly, dum dum dum dumdedum dum.

We didn't meet the artist himself, but in his pictures he wears an eye patch. I felt an immediate connection to him.
According to Wiki: In 1976, while Chihuly was in England, he was involved in a head-on automobile accident during which he flew through the windshield.
After recovering, he continued to blow glass until he dislocated his shoulder in a 1979 bodysurfing accident.[3]
Chihuly explained the change in a 2006 interview, saying "Once I stepped back, I liked the view" and pointing out that it allowed him to see the work from more perspectives and enabled him to anticipate problems faster.
more supervisor than participant,
Here Geoff shares some insights into this Chihuly painting.

4 comments:
WOW! How amazing! Thanks for posting the photos.
I LOVE his work!! We've been to his Tacoma studio area. I didn't know about this wonderful glass garden in AZ. Thanks for sharing! Glad you had fun with the girls.
Susan in Cedar Hills
What good photos you took! Mine look a little boring compared to yours--I think your photo class really paid off! Wasn't that a fun time? And I loved it when Geoff told his friend, "I didn't think I would like it, but it was really great."
That's really beautiful! I'll have to go check it out since I live here and all...
AZ in March. Isn't it awesome?
Post a Comment