I joined photography club, not because I want to be a great photographer, nor even take pictures as a hobby, but I just want to take better pictures than I currently do. I take A LOT of bad pictures.
The group has been so informative and interesting. And they've welcomed me and other "point and shoot" camera owners and not laughed at us at all. My current camera is a very cheap model, probably from Staples or Costco. We have a bad tendency in our house to drop cameras, and we don't want to invest in something expensive that we'll break. We also have a tendency to let our little kids use the cameras. Also, not always a safe option.
Our current camera is so damaged from little kids using it that we've had to duct tape the batteries and memory card into it. The batteries were falling out every time I touched it. I have still enjoyed photography class, though, and came to understand what the automatic settings on my camera really meant, even though I couldn't change f-stops and aperture openings manually.
This past week's class on flashes was so good that it suddenly took me from calling this a "photography club" to calling it a "coveting club."
These pictures of my angel baby, Lachlan were taken in a dark primary room. Kim Wilson, took these by aiming her flash at the gold partition curtains and letting that light bounce off on to Lachlan.
Kim did what Kiddie Kandids hasn't been able to do--get a picture of Lachlan! Thanks Kim! These are beautiful and amazing! I'm saving my pennies for a new camera.
And that baby, he just takes my breath away in these pictures!

3 comments:
Adorable! I need that club!
What a fantastic idea for an interest group and what amazing pictures. He is such a handsome little guy!
Now I'M coveting. I still hope that Bill will come home from work saying they have decided to let him go so we can move back. (That's our current back up plan, if this job doesn't work out.)
Those photos are amazing.
Post a Comment