Lachlan poses with the Wilson girls.
During the winter the swans live at the zoo. Every year in May there is a parade and celebration as the swans are led back through the Public Gardens into their pond.The swans cages were festooned with flower garlands and big white satin bows. These swans traveled in style.
Romeo and Juliet are waiting patiently to be led on the parade and allowed back into the Public Garden pond. Both swans are actually females.
Here is the band that is leading the duckling parade.
We wait on the banks of the pond for the Swans to be released. They're handing out free lemonade, free ice cream, free seeds, and free soap samples.
While lunching two radio stations interviewed me, Lachlan and some of our friends. I listened for the story on WBUR (NPR) and WBZ, but I don't think either Lachlan or I made it on air. Our friend, Jamie Cook did though! She was on WBUR! Good job newscaster Jamie!
Me and my funny little "picture poser," Lachlan.
Lachlan enjoys a ride on the Swan Boats.
Jessica and Penny ride the Swan boats with us.I sure do love this little guy!
Our friends the Cammacks enjoy the Swan Boat Ride.
Our friend, Anna made it into the newspaper! She is famous!
Part of the fun of the adventure was taking the train there and back!
Kim juggles Dawson
Clara and Anna are great little passengers.
Lachlan, Clara, and Anna watch the scenery whip by.
What a great day! This outing really made my week!
2 comments:
How did I never know about this!?! There are so many things we never got to do! This is Kathy, btw.
We are famous! We made your blog. I'm nostalgic just thinking about that beautiful day. I'm glad you and L enjoyed it as much as I did. Yeah for Spring.
Post a Comment