Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jansen in Music Man

At the beginning of February, we all took turns seeing Jansen in his high school musical, Music Man.  He was soooooo good, I couldn't stop smiling.  I was so proud of him.  He had excellent diction, he projected his voice really well.  He had great rhythm, he emoted, and for an ensemble cast member, they gave him quite a few solos.  
He had some solos in "Rock Island" when he was a traveling salesman on the train.  He did a solo dressed as "American Gothic" during the Iowa song, and he had some more solos about the things the Wells Fargo Wagon had brought him.
I was a bad mom and didn't even think of taking any pictures of Jansen.  Fortunately, we found a few from his friends on Facebook.  This was Jansen's costume of an adult townsperson, and a traveling salesman.  I didn't recognize him when he was first on stage, from the back because of the sideburns.  Jansen is the 5th person in (has his arms up to his chest)

This costume change was his "boy in the town" look.  His pants are like knickers and he has argyle socks on.  Unfortunately, he's eating a cracker in this shot, but like I said, I didn't take pictures of him.


Here's the entire cast.  Jansen is in the back row, on the right.  Make sure to click on each of these photos, as they are all too big to see in the narrow paragraphing of the blog.
Jansen had a wonderful experience being in this play.  He developed a lot of great friendships with the cast members and they had a cast party after EVERY performance.  Not only was it an excellent production, but it was  really tight, unified, supportive cast.  
This acting opportunity has opened new worlds for Jansen as he has discovered talents and interests he didn't even know he had.  He's looking forward to auditioning for more plays now.
Yeah Jansen!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey, good job Jansen!

Megan, am I remembering correctly that you and James were in a play together before you were married?

Mililani said...

Jansen, I love this. You are da best! Way to go g'son!

Amanda said...

YAY! Reading this just make me miss the high school days and doing musical! I hope you keep it up Jansen! It's sooo much fun! :)