After weeks of rain, the weather started clearing up a bit on the 3rd, and more on the 4th for us to be able to celebrate the Fourth of July.
On the 3rd we went to a barbeque with 60 friends, and then attended the Needham Fireworks.
On the morning of the 4th, we met at another friends' house and watched the Needham parade. It was my favorite way to celebrate the holiday--multiple events involving good friends, good food, and local entertainment!
Brian, Janie, Andrew, and Staci. Andrew and Staci recently bought this house right on the parade route.
Jansen missed the parade. He had to work as a lifeguard that morning. He was really bummed; his theatre group for Suessical did a float in the parade, and he would have been able to be in it.

The Faveros
One of our favorite parts of the parade every year is this nearly 80 year old guy (Fred Muzi, who owns the local car dealership). He paints his body with red paint or shoe polish and rides a horse. He holds his hand up and says, "How." It's so inpolitically correct that I can't believe that Massachusetts lets it slide. I love it! I hope he loosens up Mass. a bit.
He's been riding in the parade every year since 1957 and has only missed 4 parades, 2 of those for surgery recuperation, and another one recovering from cracked ribs when a horse kicked him.
Despite this location typically being a dead spot in the parade, we determined that our cheering could convince any band to play and any gun to fire. And they did! We had a great spot!
Thanks for organizing this parade viewing and breakfast, Hopkins!
3 comments:
What a fabulous way to spend the 4th with great people. I even recognize many of the party.
What a lot of fun! I feel that the family that moved in that week must feel very welcome, and surrounded by friends! How great for them, and for all of you!
I dont even know 60 people - let alone could count 60 people as friends. Wow.
Post a Comment